I decided what to do with 2.5 gallon-pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoNitrates

Aquarium Advice Regular
Decided on White Clouds instead of cherry shrimp or ADFs. I was experimenting with different colored bulbs. This lighting probably wouldn't support live plants, but I don't have any in there(yet).

I don't see a problem with this. There are folks that keep WC's in unfiltered bowls. I wouldn't keep a Goldfish or Betta in a bowl, but they're much larger fish.

Terrible idea, way too small a tank for minnows.

I don't see a problem with this. There are folks that keep WC's in unfiltered bowls. I wouldn't keep a Goldfish or Betta in a bowl, but they're much larger fish.

I've also seen people try to keep common plecos in unfiltered and unheated bowls. It's just not the greatest idea. You have to take the active nature of a fish in mind with tank size. White clouds are a fair bit more active than a betta is which is why they need a bigger tank.

The best example of space requirements for a fish is with a yellow tang. It's a fish that maxes out at around 8" but regularly swims 20+ miles per day. To successfully keep one you need a 100g+ tank to keep it from getting stressed out from lack of space. This is an extreme example but it carries over to just about all fish.

I have to agree with everyone else. You WC wont be able to stretch their fins or muscles without hitting glass.

Cherry shrimp in numbers are actually some of the most interesting creatures in the hobby and would be well suited to your 2.5g

Back
Top Bottom