Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question I don't know what to do :/

I currently have a planted community tank (200 litres) but things have now changed....

I am now not wanting to keep it as it is. The planted aspect of it is not how I want it, and I am unable to get the results that I want. I do not have a high tech tank, and therefore I cannot do what I want to do with it plant wise.

The fish are (despite apparently being compatible) occasionally being nasty. My youngish zebra loaches have killed 5 rummies and then eaten the eyes out of another 2.

I am just not finding it fun anymore. However, I have spent so much time, money and effort on this and I am unwilling to just let it go. I need something lower maintenance but still interesting. I am after fish with a bit more personality.

I have thought about 2 or 3 fancy goldfish, but I dunno how interesting they'd be.

What are some suggestions for stocking a 200L, are fancy goldfish are good idea or not? Any other ideas? Maybe a small breeding project that can be done in one tank?

(I don't want anything involving live plants!!)

Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
You could do a barb tank maybe - they definitely will not make for a boring tank. Another idea is a single cichlid such as a severum or festivum. You could make the scape out of rocks and driftwood.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Agree with Bud, you could do an all tiger barb tank, they are a lot of fun to watch and they don't often pick on each other. Add some cories in there and you'll have a lot of fun fluttering fish in your aquarium.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com