i found a guppy fry living in my bathroom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently caught all my guppy to give to the pet shop and i took the opportunity to change from gravel to sand substrate. i scooped all the gravel into a bucket and put that bucket into my en suite while i did the sand. I totally forgot about the bucket until today i was cleaning the en suite floor and saw a little 2 week old fry swimming in 1cm of water! he had been there for a week and looked so healthy and happy! now hes in a tank swimming around boisterously :)

thought id share my days little excitement :p

ive had them live in buckets for like 2-3 weeks before, i had air stones in the buckets though...

they live in buckets and even bags with no water in them just wet paper towels and newspaper. They wernt guppies though. so becareful when you ship around duckweed, you never know what is inside its mass of foliage.

also i didnt even know my guppies gave birth. They must have eaten all the babies except for this little guy. Thats y it was such a suprise to see him haha.. at first i thought it had to have been a water bug living in the bucket :rolleyes:

oh my.. now that i think of it.. that en suite gets really hot from steamy showers and gets really cold at night :O .. thats a lucky little guppy!

i once heard about a guys basement flooded and i guess his male and female betta jumped out of their bowls and had babies in the puddle on the floor, why cant something cool like that happen to me

Back
Top Bottom