I give up on gouramis, but help is needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mother2kamryn

Aquarium Advice Regular
When I first set up my 38 gallon tank I had problems with gouramis http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.phpt=5845&highlight=gourami but for some reason tried them agian since I have moved and have new fish. And once agian I am having problems.. this time different. The only symptom is not eating and hiding (which I find typical for the gourami). Then soon after they are dying.

Its a 38 gallon with One gourami (2 have died this way already this week), 2 angels, and 5 black skirt tetras. Good water conditions and proper care.. Other fish seem to be doing fine. No changes. No new fish. Nothing has changed.

They are my hubbies fish, and this happends to me every time he leaves. as you can tell from every single post of mine. I tell him they get suicidal when he leaves. lol

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance. :)

That link isn't working for me.
Can you see any other sign--stress? color change? fin disappearance??

Sorry about the link.. its not important. Not sure why I put it in there..

No change in color. Nothing wrong with fins or scales or anything... It looks perfectly normal.. Just looks depressed. Hides and wont eat.. same as the two that dies this week. I swear they get depressed when hubby leaves and they starve them selves to death from depression. lmao... that is the only explination that I can think of... lol.

I swear.. No other symptoms.. :( But I know this isnt normal.

I was reading one of the above articles and I have to ask.. Is there a such thing as a "right time" to feed my fish? If so please clue me in.. My hubby always feeds them in the evening and when he leaves, I will have to be honest I dont always feed them at the same time everyday...

anyone know anything about this?

Which article had the "right time" in it. I don't recall reading that. I usually feed my fish every other day about an hour or so before bedtime. If it were up to the fish, they would eat whenever.

I would take the right time to mean making sure all fish are up, so not one fish eats everything and the others get very little. The same goes for night feedings. You don't want them to eat and then turn the lights out.

How are the fishes doing today?

i think most of the dwarf gourami's are very weak around here. ive lost like 4 now. but 3 of them were from an uncycled tank. err that may not be weak it might of been the gouramis but i havent had good experiences with gourami's either. all of them died of swimbladder. my sparkling gourami is doing good though. going all around the tank and no agression. and it has tiny black spots on its fins and a tint of blue/red. (i dont mean like pimples i mean like spots)

Back
Top Bottom