Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2002, 06:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I got a new fishy!!!!

Hello everybody, I'm sorry to be so obvious ,but i'm so happy! .I've got a new fish, a chocolate pearlscale,about 2'' long and hes been christened Puddin'(after chocolate pudding!) At the moment hes chasing my other two fish aroundthe tank,establishing himself in the pecking order,hopefully he'll start behaving soon!!!I just wanted to ask if theres anything i can do to stop him from stripping my green cabomba? The little S*ds made a bee line for it and stripped all the bottom leaves off in one night,at this rate it wont survive the week!!

Old 12-02-2002, 05:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Grant R
Sounds like he's a bit mischeivous then ! Do you have a photo ? The reson for the behaviour could just be due to the fact he's in a new enviroment and obviously hasn't fully settled yet. After time, chances are it will calm down a bit and leave you're green cabomba alone.

Grant R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 09:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Somethingfishy Send a message via Yahoo to Somethingfishy
I think this is what it is?

http://www.canadiangoldfish.com/members/ted/14.html

Or is this it?
http://home.twcny.rr.com/angelfish/i...olatecomb1.jpg
http://home.twcny.rr.com/angelfish/images/chocblush.jpg
Old 12-02-2002, 10:47 AM   #4

If he's the goldfish variety listed above by sfishy, your cabomba may be in a good bit of trouble. My goldfish eat some plants down to nothin, while other plants they dont bother at all. cabomba is one of the plants my goldies will strip to the bone, sorrry.

Did you research the fish and it's compatability/eating habits before buying it? Ya gotta do that to avoid nasty surprises.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sorry guys, no pictures yet. Need to get my hands on a digital camera!!. Hes actually a fantail chocolate pearlscale, There a trace of a wen on his head,so it's safe to say theres a little oranda in there. The place i buy from buys in a lot of half breeds( my black moors a x breed- slight rusty colour , with a short caudal fin)But i don't mind at all, i think it adds character!As for the plants hes finished with that, and is chasing my golden lionhead around the tank now! Will keep a close eye out for bullying.Will be getting a larger tank soon YAY!!! ( grant -i love the little animation fish, sooo sweet!!)
Old 12-05-2002, 05:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Grant R
Lol, yeah its ok isn't it !
But I'm gonna change it to something a bit more appropriate to what I actually keep !

Grant R is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com