I hav 10gal tank and I want to know tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gr8

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I hav 10gal fish tank and I hav 2male blue dwarf gourami,2 sunburst wag platy,2 cremecicle lyretail Molly they all looks happy together want to add more fishes I want to know which r suitable,I want some more colorful,can I add ghost shrimp,also I do hav plastic plants in my tank should I add realones plzz give thier names?

Hmm, I'd say you're fully stocked--if not overstocked. You should stick with what you have. =]

In my opinion, your tank is pretty well stocked! Agreeing with Mr. Limpet, Ghost shrimp would be excellent cleaners!!

Watch those two mollies... They can get big, but otherwise, your pretty much stocked. I third the ghost shrimp idea!

I hav 10gal fish tank and I hav 2male blue dwarf gourami,2 sunburst wag platy,2 cremecicle lyretail Molly they all looks happy together want to add more fishes I want to know which r suitable,I want some more colorful,can I add ghost shrimp,also I do hav plastic plants in my tank should I add realones plzz give thier names?

I definitely would not add more fish. Mollies get up to 5", 3" at the least, and have a massive bio-load at that size. They should not be kept in anything smaller than 29 gals. I would highly recommend you upgrade them to a larger tank or possibly rehome them. A 10 gal tank just isn't a suitable home for mollies.

Keeping 2 dwarf gourami together is not advisable, especially in a small tank. One will almost always end up dominated by the other, if not worse. They are also fairly large fish for a 10 gal, and I wouldn't keep more than one in a tank that size.

IMO a much more suitable stock list for a 10 gal tank would be 1 dwarf gourami, 2 platy, and something like a school of 6 neons. A 10 gal does provide much swimming room for larger fish and, unless you've upgraded, does not have a very powerful filter, so I would be very careful not to overstock.

Back
Top Bottom