I have a 12 gallon tank, is that normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I finally got to measuring my tank today, as I always assumed it was a 15 gallon or 10 gallon. Well, apparently it is neither. According to aqadvisor (and my own calculations) it's a 12 gallon. Is that a normal size? It's 21x11x12. It just seems weird because I've NEVER heard of a 12 gallon tank before.

that's weird. i guess anything is possible. did you take your measurements from the inside of the glass? that could make a difference...

It might be possible that you got some measurements wrong. You should over-check the measurements. I had to do the same thing with my new tank. It came out 52 Gallons so I re-did it and it came out as 55 Gallon but I measured from the outside. The first time, I was off by an inch and a half on the width.

However, when you fill it it ends up being ~11 gallons because you wouldn't generally fill to the lip.

since its so small i would just get some 5 gal buckets and see how many it takes to fill it to the brim....i didnt see if its set up already but if it is disregard this :)

hey - i have a 12 US gallon tank.
I live in uk - it's about 10 UK gallons.

I was surprised when I found out too!

Back
Top Bottom