I have a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 100 gallon tank and I just had guppy babies I would really like to get more guppies right now I have in my tank
6 neon tetras 3 dalmation mollies
5 zebra danios
2 med. size angles
6 long finned rosey barbs
6 red serpay tetras
3 emarald green cory cats
1 clownloach
1 bn pleaco
1 flying fox
3 male guppies
1 female guppy
2 lemon tetras
I know the angles would have to go but would anything else? I would really like to keep everything but my hussband let me havee the 100 gallon tank with the understanding that I would take the 5 gal. and the 10 gal. down.

Thanks for any and all advice
Tess :?

I say just get rid of the angels, thats your best bet. I had 2 pair of large angles in a tank with smaller fish once back when I first started in this hobby several years ago. One by one my smaller fish started disappearing and being eaten in half by the angels. you may wanna consider adding another clown loach so your other one feels more safe and secure. So is your tank planted? what kind of filtration do you have? As long as yyour keeping up on the maintence and watching for signs of stress, over crowding, illness and keeping an eye out to make sure all yoru fish get some food at feeding time, you should have no problems housing that many fish in a 100 gallon tank...HTH

My tank does have some plants like java fern and java moss and a cyrpt wendit(sp) but I only have the lights that came with the tank so very low lights. I do have 4 pretty good size peices of drift wood. I do weekly water changes with gravel vacs. usually 50%. I have two cannister filters running a magnum 350 and a enhiem 2217. So far knock on wood I have had no diseases or problems with my tank. I would like to eventually go all planted but the light are very expensive. I think I will be getting rid of the angles, and I would like to add anouther clown loach.

Thanks Tess

Back
Top Bottom