I have fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RabidChild

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally stocked my tank last night. After about a month of looking at an empty tank (90 gallons) I made the trip to a couple stores and got the fish along with a 3oz package of Biospira. Here's what I ended up with:

2 Pearl Gourami
4 Boesemani Rainbow
6 Scissortail Rasboras
4 Yo Yo Loach

I was planning on getting some cory cats too but the two places I went had a grand total of 3 bronze corys and some other full grown ones that were $15 each. I'm going to take a look this weekend for some at another store and maybe get another pair of gourami too.

The loaches are TINY, probably about 1" each. They have been venturing up higher into the tank chasing some of the rainbows which are twice their size.

I tested the water this morning and got Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 5-10 so everything looks good so far. The two gourami are just sitting at the top back corner of the tank not really moving, but the others are all looking great.

Sounds like so far so good, your levels look good. Give the gouramis sometime, they can be a bit shy.

That's what I assumed. They were impossible to find when I first put them in, then they moved up to that corner. The only time they move now is when I walk around to that side of the tank and then they slide over a few inches and turn the other way. They are pretty small too, maybe 1.5".

Awesome! :D I wish I had a tank that big, you have so many options for what you can keep. You will love the yo yo loaches. Mine are really active and entertaining. Do you have any pics yet?

No pics yet, my digital camera is on the fritz. I think I need a new one.

Also I think one of the yo yos has HITH. I tested the water again and everything was the same. I did a 25% water change last night. He was hiding most of the first day so I didn't see it till last night. He seems to be acting more normal now. He was out scavenging around in the front of the tank this morning and hasn't been hiding so we'll see...

Back
Top Bottom