I have PODS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babygurl9955

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okaii guys... I'm told that i have copepods! they are VERY tiny! They are creepy and drive me nuts! How do I get rid of them?!?!

Copepods, and other micro crustaceans are beneficial to the ecosystem. They serve as food to many fish and invertebrates. You can get a filtering shrimp such as a viper shrimp to keep the numbers down but I wouldn't advise getting rid of all of them.

They are in my snail tank.. Its a TINY tank... And theres nothing but snails and water in it

I have them in my shrimp tank and I feel your pain. They may be harmless, but when there are so many of them its unsightly.

I use an airline tube to siphon out water during water changes and try to suck up as many of the little buggers as I can. I cant say that Ive gotten rid of all of them, but it seems to keep them in check.

Any filter feeding invertebrate will help keep the numbers down, you could try a bivalve such as a clam or oyster.

What can i get that is cheap cheap that will eat them but be able to survive in nasty snail water?! An that WONT eat baby snails?! I need them for my f8's which their teeth are over growing cause no baby snails but iv got eggs everywhere

Any filter feeding invertebrate will help keep the numbers down, you could try a bivalve such as a clam or oyster.

Filter-feeding freshwater species such as mussels and clams are generally extremely short-lived in freshwater aquariums. I advise against trying to keep such species in a home aquarium.

What can i get that is cheap cheap that will eat them but be able to survive in nasty snail water?! An that WONT eat baby snails?! I need them for my f8's which their teeth are over growing cause no baby snails but iv got eggs everywhere

Simple answer is nothing - anything that filter feeds is going to indiscriminately feed on whatever is in the water, whether that be copepods or snail larva. If you really want rid of them, you can siphon them all out and send them to me.

Lol u in canada? LOL id love to give these creeps away. Guess i may just have to turn a blind eye

Back
Top Bottom