i heard a stupid/dont know thing today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
this guy said bumblebee gobies were coldwater...

i really want a goby but i prolly cant contain a brackish water tank.. is there anything like a bumblebee goby thats freshwater and stays around the same size?

OMG! Bumble Bee Gobies are certainly tropical!
I'm not sure of other cute little fishies like the bb goby, but remember, you are young and have years of fish keeping ahead of you :wink: One day you will have the resources to manage a BW tank. I had to put off my dream of a BW bb goby tank because I can't get them in up here :roll:, but I know I will be keeping fish for the rest of my life--there is plenty of time!

I think the main concern with keeping bumble bee gobies wouldn't just be maintaining the brackish tank but making sure you can feed the fish an appropriate diet of small live foods (and hopefully get them to take frozen foods too).

When I had bb gobies, they ate frozen blood worms, but they were always outcompeted for food :evil: I was hand feeding mine and they just didn't make it :(
But I agree with patryuji, you should make sure you are able to hatch your own live foods. I was hatching live foods for ONE Badis for about a month, then tried frozen and he finally took it!! Thank goodness--it's not a ton of work, but it's still work :oops:

By a small suction pad underneath them, most gobies have them. It's not actually a suction pad, but more of a pocket between the two fins that act like a suction cup.

Back
Top Bottom