i heard bristlenose are territorial and u cannot keep 2 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
i want to add a bristlenose to my tank.

But I heard you cannot buy 2 - because they fight ??

is this true?

I keep more than one to a tank without problems. You wouldn't want to cram three or four into a ten gallon tank but, so long as there not to crowded, and have plenty of wood and hiding areas, they do fine.

i currently have a 30 gallon - with 7 cories

is it better to get 2 cories
or
2 bristlenose
or
1 cory and 1 bristlenose

??

Bubble_B0y said:
i currently have a 30 gallon - with 7 cories

is it better to get 2 cories
or
2 bristlenose
or
1 cory and 1 bristlenose

??

Are you looking to control algea or get rid of extra food? Since you already have 7 cories I'm not even sure if you have room for a bn (I assume those are not your only fish), but at the most get 1.

Mine were never really territorial but they did chase each other alot! It turned out I had fry lol 8O . 8)

I have two bristlenose plecos and they seem fine together I have never seen them chasing each other but they are young about 1 inch long so maybe they will get territorial later?how old are they when the males get the bristles?and does anyone know how old they have to be to breed?

My plecos seem to ignore each other, so I think you can safely have just one. Corycats, however, are very social fish and need friends. If you get just one, he will be VERY lonely and sad.

Back
Top Bottom