i love baby fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_neon

Aquarium Advice Regular
i may sound like a complete moron but i just love having baby fish.. i have had soo many from different kinds of fish but right now i have some of my favorites ..baby zebras... they r sooo cute and soo tiny.. i didnt even know i had them until i saw what look like a crack on the side of the tank but was a baby... oh ok im dont ranting now .....i just thought i would share the good news

I with you on the baby crazy :D My guppy had 20 babies last friday I can already see some color (I think its color.. on the sides.). I got them some first bites food

My 1 zebra danio must have laid her eggs last night. she is very thin this morning I cant see where she layed them not even sure what to look for...The papa is my 1 pearl danio..wonder what they will look like :?:
I have told everyone about my babies too.lol...I have never had a pet that babies ...so I am proud..lol..

20 gal 10 painted tetra
1 male pearl danio
1 skinny female zebra
I male guppy
gave my friend the female and momma of my new 20 :D

Ditto! I have so many fry right now I really don't know how many. I think like 10-12 bright orange fry (~1 inch) from a molly/platy crossbreeding, and about 8-10 little black fry that I think should be 100% black molly. Soon I will have to get that net out and catch a bunch to give away...

Oooo I can't wait to have fry! Atm I have wigglers, which are really neat to watch, but I am SO psyched for the day when these lil buggers start swimmin round the tank with the parents herding them.

Alli, I have a dumb question: what's the difference between fry and wigglers? I have only had livebearers; hence, I've only had fry :roll:

Wigglers are sorta a half stage between embryo and fry. The egg sacs are still attached, the eyes and internal organs are just forming and they aren't able to swim yet. They don't eat until the egg sac is gone and they start free swimming. Some type of fish have wigglers which have a "glue spot"on the tops of their heads; the parents attach em to something to keep em from wiggling away (angelfish do this as well as discus). Others make a nursery of sorts (like my rams dug a depression in the sand to keep em from wandering).

If you could see them moving, you'd truly understand why they're called wigglers; they kinda twitch continuously in one place (it sorta looks like the top of a boiling pot of water LOL).

Theres some pics of angelfish wigglers here: http://home.earthlink.net/~photofish/EggsAndWigglers.html

i love my fry!! i have about 30 zebra danio fry ( or more very difficult to count they move very quickly)... they are about 2 months old and sooo cute.. but i cant wait for them to grow up already!!

Back
Top Bottom