I Love My Fish!<3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabathalouisee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5 gallon tank, and I love it, I just recently emptyed it completly. I found that it was very dirty, But since I cleaned it everything has been running smoother. I am looking to get a glofish, and Have been told that I could get a couple of them in there. So I am going to be getting the Yellow Tetra Glofish, To go in my 5 gallon rectangular tank. My question is, Glofish Danio's, are they compatiable with the Tetras? Because I am looking to get a 30 gallon tank, and I would love to have a good variety of bright colored fish that are active and won't hurt each other. Oh and another thing, Are African Dwarf Frogs compatiable with these beautiful fish? Those frogs are the coolest!:cool:

The GloTetras cannot go in a five gallon. They should have at least 15 gallons IMO. They would work in the 30 though. African dwarf frogs will be fin with Glofish (both danios and tetras).

Thanks so much, I am going to wait for the glotetras until I am able to get my 30 gallon, which hoping that it will be soon. So glad the ADF's are compatiable with both danios and tetras.:)

Make sure you cycle the tank and you are good to go! Remember both ar schooling fish and you should have 5+ of each, just be careful not to over-stock. Good Luck!

I will, I have had my five gallon for almost a year now. I did some research and found out that the Glotetra only grows 2-3in. So I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the 5 gallon? cause it should only be a couple weeks until I get my 30g

Well if it is temporary than that is probably fine, but you have to consider the time it takes to cycle the 30 gallon too. That and they are high energy schooling fish that need the tank space to release all of that energy (very fun to watch). One would be fine bio-load wise, but when you take into consideration that it needs about 5 more friends and is a high energy fish, it doesn't work.

Alright, I will keep that in consideration, I don't want to hurt any little fish friends, So I will stick to just one until I get my 30g

Tabathalouisee said:
I will, I have had my five gallon for almost a year now. I did some research and found out that the Glotetra only grows 2-3in. So I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the 5 gallon? cause it should only be a couple weeks until I get my 30g

Glofish are very active and need more room to dart around, which is why they need a bigger tank. I would get a betta or some nano fish like chili rasboras for the 5 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom