I love my neighbor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
...so she has a 10g guppy fry tank and a 27g as her main tank. Well, a few weeks ago, she gave me her CAE (she just didn't like it, and didn't want to flush it, and the lace she bought it from wouldn't take it back). Last week, she gave me one of her baby guppies. Today, she calls me and asks if I want her full grown, 5 year old angel. Sure, why not?

As it turns out, she has had multiple deaths lately (mostly neons, are you surprised?) and is rightfully blaming it on the angel. She has had this angel for over 5 years now, since he was dime sized. She decided whe wanted to kee neons with it, and just couldn't figure out why he was eating them :roll:

So, she give him to me...for free...

He is doing good so far, I was afraid of her tank having OTS (she never does water changes, just tops off the tank) so I acclimated him the same way I did my GBR's. He is huge too, defintly the biggest fish in the tank. My koi angel is really curious, but no nipping, so I guess they are getting along alright. He is leaving everyone in the tank alone, just haning out back in the corner.

I am really glad she gave him to me too, everytime I looked at him in her tank, i felt really bad for him. Her tank is way overstocked, imo, esecially since she never does water changes, and it is filled to the top with plants and decorations. He had no room to swim around, hardly enough room to turn around and change positions. So I think he will be much happier in my 55 with plenty of oen saces to swim :D

(pics as soon as i get a camera)

Congrats ! I'd love that neighbor too !!! Best of everything with him, I'm sure he's happier now :)
(btw, what is OTS ??)

Old Tank Syndrome. Its when water is never changed out, just toped off, so nitrates are usually through the roof. Fish that get used to these conditions are usually difficult to save. They go into shock from the parameter changes. I am hoping that doesn't happen with him. So far he is doing ok.

His color already seems to have improved, he is BRIGHT orange now. Before he was a more silvery orange. (i believe he is a gold veiltail)

YIKES, I couldn't imagine not doing water changes. Not that I find it an enjoyable task but the thought of the fish swimming in pollution ... uck. I'm surprised fish can actually survive that way for so long !
Sounds like he's already loving the new home - HOORAY FOR FISHY !!! And good for you for giving him the type of home he deserves :)

Sweet...I actually see where all three of you benefitted from this transaction:

She found a better home for the Angel and gets to keep neons (the tank conditions may not allow this but hope springs eternal).
You get an adult Angel.
Angel gets a cleaner and better home.

well, just got home from work, and he is just where i left him 9in the tank) and still alive, so i think he will be ok. No one has turned his fins into dinner, so i think we are good to go on that one.

I will post pics very soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom