I’m thinking of adding and eel to my giant danio tank any suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What other fishes are in the tank besides the danios?
What sort of eel were you thinking of getting?

How long has the tank been set up for?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).
The ph level is 7.6 that’s all I know I just set it up this morning the danios are in a 10 gal right now I plan on adding Tiger barbs or maybe Corydoras

And I don’t know what eel to get that’s why I asked

Spiney nose eels are common and easy to care for in soft water, but you need to find out the GH first. If it's below 150ppm they will be fine.

Danios and barbs will eat any food you add to the tank so you will have to target feed the eels with frozen food, preferably after lights out.

Eels do best with a sand substrate, lots of hiding places and clean water. Most won't eat dry fish foods so normally get fed frozen and or live foods like brineshrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, prawn.

If your 10 gallon has an established filter on it, you could move that onto the big tank now and move the fish straight into the big tank.

Spiney nose eels are common and easy to care for in soft water, but you need to find out the GH first. If it's below 150ppm they will be fine.

Danios and barbs will eat any food you add to the tank so you will have to target feed the eels with frozen food, preferably after lights out.

Eels do best with a sand substrate, lots of hiding places and clean water. Most won't eat dry fish foods so normally get fed frozen and or live foods like brineshrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, prawn.

If your 10 gallon has an established filter on it, you could move that onto the big tank now and move the fish straight into the big tank.
Thanks my tank has gravel and I can’t move the filter because I’m keeping tetras in there

Back
Top Bottom