I need a larger power filter what do you reccomend and why??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I purchased my aqueon 20 gallon "kit" it comes with a power 10 filter :rolleyes: So I want to switch my power 10 over to my qt tank,and purchase probably a 30 -40 gallon capacity for my 20 gallon.

There are SO many types to choose from. I was looking for the aqueon power30 just because I have the cartridges for my daughters tank that are the same, but I cant find it where I normally shop.

so please chime in what one and why??

Aquaclear!

Because you have a spread of good media to put in them, they're reliable and generally easy to find. I run mine with sponges and double bio-max bags. The adjustable flow is nice too if you feel like you're getting too much water movement. The Aquaclear Mini-20 does a great job on my 10g QT.

I've got one of the Aqueon 10's and while it works alright, the layout of the Aquaclears are just so superior, along with the selection of media and the way you can arrange it.

I also vote for an aquaclear. i have 3 of them and have been using them for over 10 years. I would suggest the AC 50 so you have the extra filtration.

Good Luck

Aquaclear!

Because you have a spread of good media to put in them, .

How do I know what I want to put in it?? Thats been my only hangup with these type of power filters, with my aqueon I just stick in the media and done... unless I need carbonless for treating, I put in a piece of polyfiber and done...

thanks both for your help so far ;)

Back
Top Bottom