I need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly. Mebbid seems to be ignoring the fact that we recommended flooring support and having a pro check the floors out. What I have not heard is ANYONE suggesting that the tank will be safer in a non climate controlled environment. Fish safety is also an issue.

Well of course fish aren't safe in a non-climate contrlled environment. Even in our homes it's generally not climate controlled enough for aquarium fish and that's why we have heaters with thermostats built in. I don't see how keeping fish in a garage is a problem as long as the right equipment is in place to keep the tank temperature constant.

In Maine I wouldn't do it without like 6 large heaters. In Texas I wouldn't do it without a very solid chiller.

I know it's difficult but try and focus on the original post and not bicker, it doesn't send out a good message............just a thought

Back to the OPs question... If you go the garage route, you'll definitely want a chiller. These can be VERY pricey, but there are DIY options available too:

Without a strong chiller, keeping cold water fish in the garage through Texas summers will not work out very well. I know you're not worried about the winters either, but freak weather does happen. You may want to invest in a good heater just in case.

Back to the OPs question... If you go the garage route, you'll definitely want a chiller. These can be VERY pricey, but there are DIY options available too:

Without a strong chiller, keeping cold water fish in the garage through Texas summers will not work out very well. I know you're not worried about the winters either, but freak weather does happen. You may want to invest in a good heater just in case.

That's what I said in post #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Back
Top Bottom