i need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 13 gallon tank which is currently housing 2 angel fish and one pleco none of them are fully grown and i need advice because i know the tank is not big enough for all of them. i have i guess rescued these fish from a previous owner who had them in a smaller tank with terrible water conditions and also way more other fish that died (6-7 mollies and 5 penguin tetras) and it was clearly way overcrowded. i can’t get a bigger tank due to me being 16 still living at my mums and having no where to put a huge tank. The tank water conditions are perfect and i test at least one a week and am feeding them varied foods (fish flakes and shrimp pellets they also nibble on the algae wafers for the pleco) there is only 3 pet stores near me that sell fish and NONE will take fish at all (one of them even has there fish in terrible water conditions) What i’m asking is will the fish be okay in the tank until i can move out in 2-3 years and will have space for a bigger tank for them. There is no possible way i can get rid of the fish or have a bigger tank. I am just worried for the fish and just want advice on how to help them as much as possible. Please bare in mind i have autism but that in no way stops me from being able to care for the fish i absolutely love them and in no way want to harm them. the tank is cycled. I may take a while to respond as it is hard for me to get across what i want to say properly.

You can check to see if there is an aquarium club near you. Someone there might be able to take the fish and put them in a properly sized aquarium.

There most likely will not be one of those near me as i live in a very small town that barely has any regular shops

most people where i live don’t even own fish and there most likely be no one at all who even owns a big tank the 3 pet stores in my town rarely even have large fish the previous owner found these angelfish by chance

Not sure what to tell you. If they stay in too small of a tank for too long they will get stunted and it will reduce their quality of life/shorten their lifespan.
2-3 years they might grow too much (especially if the pleco is a common).

The pleco is a bristlenose. I guess all i can really do is provide them with a good life while they do live. that might sound cruel to some people but they were in filthy and way way overcrowded tanks before and all i can really do is provide them with good water quality and good feeding they are active and do swim around. I’ll just have to provide them with the best life i can with what i can do

Back
Top Bottom