I need answers! White spots on tank glass!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lednura

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I've made a post about this before but nor myself or another user could figure out what this was so I'm hoping some other hobbyists can help me figure out what these are AND how to get rid of them!?
130L planted tank - neons, silver tip tetras, angelfish (possibly two female) & male guppies. I did have snails when I noticed this but got rid of them and another user did not think the type of snail could produce eggs that looked like this. I do have some small snails still around but they get sucked up with the gravel vacuums.

Please help!! [emoji30] IMG_3448.jpgIMG_3451.jpg

It looks like small mussels. I also have such. Try to enlarge. If it is small mussels, it does not hurt anything.

Freshwater limpets. I have them in some of my tanks. Just use an algae magnet to wipe them off of the glass. For permanent removal, I would look to using a product that kills snails.

Freshwater limpets. I have them in some of my tanks. Just use an algae magnet to wipe them off of the glass. For permanent removal, I would look to using a product that kills snails.

Would snail rid work? The last user said they didn't recommend it because it could be toxic to my fish!

Look like fish eggs to me. But the pic is small. I had limpets pop up but kept cleaning them off the glass and now I never see them.

Would snail rid work? The last user said they didn't recommend it because it could be toxic to my fish!

Look like fish eggs to me. But the pic is small. I had limpets pop up but kept cleaning them off the glass and now I never see them.

I don't think it's fish eggs, we ruled that out last time because the fish I have don't produce eggs like that. I'm convinced it's those limpets then!

I do scrape them off every tank clean but the silly things keep coming back [emoji849]

Back
Top Bottom