I need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHAMUKA16

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 50gal and a 30gal and my 50gal has one soft-shell turtle and after a month the water got really cloudy and I was regularly changing filters and then I upgraded filters so now I have two 70gal filters in a 50gal and its still cloudy.

Any suggestions?

Not that I know much about turtles, but it sounds like a bacterial bloom to me. They are common with newly cycling tanks, are harmless, and will go away on their own.

Don't change the filter media unless you have to as it will keep the ammonia and nitrites down helping to prevent another bloom.

do I need to wait for it to go away on its own or is there anyway I can speed up the process?

it will go away on its own. also in the filter if you can, include some polyfil. it will trap smaller particles that normal filter media can't trap. since turtles are much dirtier than fish, it's always to have enough filtering media to take out all the junk

Theres not really anything you can do short of using antibiotics which in the end will just make it come back just as bad as it was before. You are just going to have to wait it out. Water changes might help a little.

Back
Top Bottom