I need some help with catfish compatability..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm at school at the moment, and I have a small tank that I have stocked with some very small peppered corys (x3) and ghost catfish (x2)..
At home I have a large four-line pictus catfish who's around 7-10 inches at the moment, he never stays still long enough for me to get a proper measurement. Over the summer I'm going to be updating and up-sizing most of my tanks.. The ghosties will get a fifteen gallon a long with another friend or two and maybe some kuhli loaches to swim around the bottom. But I'm not too sure about the corys. I was hoping I would eventually be able to introduce them into my four-line's tank (which is also going to be dramatically increased in size). I know the corys won't get very big length-wise, but I thought maybe their height would be enough to deter my four-line from gobbling them up. But now I'm not sure if I should risk it.
My four-line was originally housed with a pictus morph (gosh, he was beautiful!) and they were a bit territorial and aggressive to each other at first but then got along fine and never had any problems.
I'm hoping to make my new big tank primarily catfish or shark tank (as they are obviously my favorite species) and I was wondering what suggestions you folks might have for tank mates for my four-line. I'm sure when I buy them from the petstore they'll be much too small to immediately introduce to the cat tank, but after they grow up a bit they should be fine.
I'm also worried that since my four-line has been alone for several years he won't take to new fish too kindly.

So, advice please? The transfer to the larger tanks won't happen until this summer, so I'd kind of like to get the fish that will eventually go into the large tank soon so I can grow them up a little bit, so they won't be eaten by my little monster.

Thanks!
-Morgan

Back
Top Bottom