I need to move my fish tank... any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all :)

i'm going to be decorating one of the rooms in my house and will be moving my bedroom into it. however i do have a 35ltr tank all set up with fish and shrimp in. what would you advise is the best way to move it? its literally a few feet away so its not going to be moved far. but i'm a little worried. would it be ok moving my tank with all inhabitants in as long as i leave enough water in the bottom? or would i be best taking everything out? i would like to be able to move it with my tank mates in there so as to not confuse/stress them too much by taking them out into a bowl to then put them all back in the main tank. but i will take advise from yourselves as i know you all are a wealth of knowledge

also i have 4 amano shrimp, and between 10 and 20 RCS so catching them wont be easy....

I've move my tank many times (I like to rearrange my house allot) IME what I did was take my fish out and into a clean five gallon bucket of tank water, depending on how long you take to move the tank you might need a bubble stone. I emptied the water down to about an inch or so. Filter media went in the bucket as well. Moved the tank and that was it! By taking your fish out and the water down a good level it gives you an opportunity to rearrange the tank if needed without stressing the fish.

Back
Top Bottom