I never see my fish poop!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeirdreHoyle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 25 gal community tank with 6 harlequin rasboras, 7 neons, a clown pleco and two GBR's. I've had the GBRs for about a month and the rest of the fish for almost a year and...I never see them poop! Is this weird? I used to have a tank with angels when I was younger and I would often see little brown strings hanging off them...not in my tank now! Are my fish ok?

I imagine they are fine. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you probably don't watch them 24 hours a day looking for poop? Just vacuum the gravel for re-assurance. :p

Unless they get bloated you're fine. Who wants to see their fish poop anyways lol. Mine do it all the time while I'm watching I guess yours are just polite Xd.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I imagine they are fine. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you probably don't watch them 24 hours a day looking for poop? Just vacuum the gravel for re-assurance. :p

Haha yes you are correct, I'm not on poop watch 24/7. There is always plenty of nastyness when I vacuum the gravel so you are probably right.

Unless they get bloated you're fine. Who wants to see their fish poop anyways lol. Mine do it all the time while I'm watching I guess yours are just polite Xd.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I'm glad I've raised healthy AND polite fish ;)

Get a BN pleco, they mainly graze on algae and biofilm. Long digestive tract, they produce impressively long strings of poop, should be enough to satisfy your curiosity LOL.

Back
Top Bottom