I Saw Galaxy Rasbora!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I stopped into my LFS and I was just browsing around and I stumbled upon a tank in the corner. I noticed they had Harlequinn Rasboras that my friend had just picked up for his tank. I then noticed it had a sticker that said Galaxy Rasboras. These fish are gorgeous. I did not buy any, as I know they are just starting to be commercially bred right now, but man they're beautiful.

How big were they in relation to the harliquins? I want to get some "micro" rasboras for my 5 gallon tank. I have googled and there are several species to pick from. I'm trying to narrow the list down!

An t-iasg said:
How big were they in relation to the harliquins? I want to get some "micro" rasboras for my 5 gallon tank. I have googled and there are several species to pick from. I'm trying to narrow the list down!

They max out at about 15-18mm versus 22-24mm for the harlequins.

I was recently at a very good LFS in Milwaukee (Hoffers Tropic Life Pets if you're ever in the area), and they were selling Galaxy Rasboras - they seem to have some extremely small ones, but most were of average size (~12mm). Those fish are gorgeous - and I almost bought them :(

Back
Top Bottom