I sold muh fish! w00t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know some of you remember my overstocked guppy tank I aquired on ebay- well, today I sold 40 fancy guppies and 3 platys and I got $20 store credit. I was so excited!

I still have a good amount in my tank, but the are too small for them to buy just yet... but when they get big enough they will buy them!!

With my $20 I bought 10 sm neon tetras and 3 head tail lights and now I have $12 left. (Those aren't going in my over stocked tank, btw).

I am just so excited I had to share with every one =o)

awww really? Well.. I will see how it goes. I only spent 5 bucks on em in "store credit" so no harm done =o)

Oooo you give me hope lyquid! My rams have had babies, and I am hoping a few lfs will be willing to take em. I just don't have room for 80-100 more fish LOL hopefully my lfs will be just as interested as yours!

hehe im sure you know this- but as long as its a "family owned" non corporate fishstore, im sure they will take them.

I have two overly pregnant guppies... so hopefully I can sell more and I can save up for some parrot fish =o)

Actually not all of em are interested. Depends on the type of fish. I spoke to a decent lfs earlier today, and they were so-so about rams, although they were very interested when I said I'd prob also have angelfish in a few months...

huh, wow. Maybe they are overstocked in rams right now and understocked in angelfish *shrugs*

Or maybe one of those fancy-shmancy corporate petstores like petco or petsmart know of somewhere that would take them *shrug*

lyquidphyre said:
Or maybe one of those fancy-shmancy corporate petstores like petco or petsmart know of somewhere that would take them *shrug*

They're not allowed to buy from anyone other than their approved suppliers.

At least, that's what the Petco and PetsMart here have both claimed. :roll:

Madame_X said:
lyquidphyre said:

They're not allowed to buy from anyone other than their approved suppliers.

At least, that's what the Petco and PetsMart here have both claimed. :roll:

I know, that is why I said maybe they know of some place that would take them =o)
When I asked at Petsmart they referred me to a family owned fish store.

Back
Top Bottom