I Sucked up a fish today.. eww

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i always thought yah my fish are big enough. so when im doing a water change. i just leave it. cause i use the smallest hose ever..
so whatever i couldnt figure out why my bucket wasnt filling up.
so i look and im like what...
soo i take all the water out and try and try to get the water. still nothing. so i grabbed my flashlight an EWWW its head popped through the tiny hole.. and he died..
yuckk..
the minnow was definatly bigger then the hole but somehow he pulled it offf.
it was so gross...

Aww I'm sorry!

I'm always afraid of this. The tetras in my 55g like to hang out right under the Python tube when I'm doing water changes. I've actually had a rummynose get in the tube but I'm always watching, so I get it out real fast. I have to sit there and watch the tube while I'm changing the water because they get too close to it. The albino cories in my 29g do the same thing, so I have to watch out.

I worry about the same thing, especially with the cories - they're a bit too curious for their own good LOL (hmmm curiosity killed the CORY cat ???). After the gravel vac part is done I'm thinking of putting a clean knee hi pantihose over the end of the python tube so that water can get in but not fish . Has anyone tried this ? does the pressure just suck the pantihose into the tube ?

my tank is right against a window, so when i pwc, the gravel vac sucking up force is incredibly strong. my 50' python has a much less powerful suction. i think the pantyhose thing may work depending on the suction force

Back
Top Bottom