I think I've created a Monster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh my word, my tank is a shame compared to his...very nice eye for aquascaping. you are a great example alisha....congrats to him and to you....:) it is so nice to know kids who take great interest in things like this...most kids don't want to get involve in a hobby that will take a lot of responsibility. :)

Thank you. :) He's been doing a great job. He turns the light on/off and feeds them every morning before school and every night before bed. I haven't had to remind him once since we set it up (the begining of January). He helps me with PWCs as well.

Good for you and your son for finding something to do together. It's so much better than what most kids do for fun. Plus, he's really awesome at it. He can come do mine! Hehehe

A BIG +1!!!
In this day and age when it seems like kids only want to text each other, play X-box or PS3 and don't even want to go outside and play it's refreshing to read about a parent and child bonding over something that has substance and not just 0's & 1's.

I agree, it's nice you have something to bond over. And it's really great that he's doing it right (good maintenance). It's one thing when someone shares interest in aquatics with me, it's another (greater) thing when they understand.
And as everyone's said, his tank is beautiful.

I had a goldfish at 8... Lived for two years in a .5 gallon tank. Won it at a carnival! I loved that thing to death! It was my first pet.:D but my tank both now and then are put to shame compared to his! So ya, I guess I'm not the only kid with a successful fish at 8... But some tanks look more successful then others... And his is DEFINETLY better then mine was...

Does he want to come do my tank! lol. My tank looks sorry next to his! I wish I had his eye for aquatic design:dope:

OhNeil1969 said:
A BIG +1!!!
In this day and age when it seems like kids only want to text each other, play X-box or PS3 and don't even want to go outside and play it's refreshing to read about a parent and child bonding over something that has substance and not just 0's & 1's.

I like to watch tv, but hate texting, and don't play video games. I'd rather be outside in our woods, playing with our animals, or soon taking care of my new aquarium. We just set it up today. I do like taking care of my betta tank.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Sorry Bettababe, didn't mean to lump you in with other kids that aren't active. It's nice to see young people like yourself that are passionate about something other than social networks (wait, this is a social network:)) and video games:)!

It's fine. I'm not like most kids. I write novels, know exactly what I'm going to be when I grow up, and try as hard as I can to get there. This may be a social network, but it is very educational.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

I like to watch tv, but hate texting, and don't play video games. I'd rather be outside in our woods, playing with our animals, or soon taking care of my new aquarium. We just set it up today. I do like taking care of my betta tank.

Hate texting :O My phone broke and its driving me crazy not having it! But I don't watch much TV or things like that other then occasionally kicking my older Brothers' butt at COD black ops when I go to his house :rolleyes: I would rather be doing agility with my dogs or riding my horses.

I'm with bettababe. I've been a tomboy my whole life, and have been out in the woods in my backyard since I learned to walk! I do text, but not like the other kids in my grade. I also have big plans for my future... Im gonna be a vet! I play lacrosse too... And that's about as outside and rough as it gets! I only watch tv when A. It's raining and cold... I like it when it rains and B. When I'm watching American idol... My guilty pleasure... Otherwise it's animal planet, discovery, and this website.

I plan on being a vet too! Specializing in large animals of course!

I'm gonna be a vet too. Either avian, exotic or equine.

A BIG +1!!!

I must be one of those mean moms..no PS3 or Xbox here. He has his own leapster, access to the family computer/tv, but no video games. lol ;) All kidding aside, my children are 8, 6, 4, and 1 (will be 2 next week) so his siblings are a bit younger then him and the issue hasn't really come up. They all like being outside riding bikes, etc. over being inside if the weather is nice.

I had a goldfish at 8... Lived for two years in a .5 gallon tank. Won it at a carnival! I loved that thing to death! It was my first pet.:D but my tank both now and then are put to shame compared to his! So ya, I guess I'm not the only kid with a successful fish at 8... But some tanks look more successful then others... And his is DEFINETLY better then mine was...

I came from a family that had lots of pets. Dogs, cats, hampsters, guinea pigs, fish, rabbits...As long as we took care of them, my parents usually let us keep whatever pet we wanted. I had a cat that died last year of old age (14!). My son is an animal lover and really took it hard. When he expressed interest in his own tank, I figured it might be a good thing for him. So far he's been doing a good job.

wow you are a busy little thing. you got your hands full dear....i commend you...

:lol: They keep me busy, but I know they won't be little for very long. (I still haven't figured out how my oldest got to be eight!) Can anyone tell me..Why is it when you are young, time crawls by at a snails pace but when you get older, the days fly by in a blink?

Back
Top Bottom