I Think My New Fish is a Dork.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do we know? Maybe fish sleep that way all the time..and it is a sign of security... And the perfect tank mix makes everyone secure? Or the right generation of domstic breeding?
And fish from busier predator filler bios just take longer to feel safe?

I have tetras sleep on their sides and draped on logs with the loaches (mostly the rummies), 3 sleep at the top corner under the betta's bed. 3 sleep on the rook of my knife fishes porch. and 2 always sleep at one corner in the floating plants. The rest lay around draped like I had been dynamite fishing! Only the phantoms stay twitchy and tetra-like and seem awake always. they try to follow the betta in a formation but he shoos them by turning fast, flaring and then "stomping" away.

Does anyone elses corys do this? I have 2 corys in my tank, and a couple of times now when i get up in the morning I notice one of them floating at the top of the tank upside down. When I flip on the tank light, he'll go shooting off back down to the gravel looking like :evil: because I disturbed his slumber. :D

Some fish have a tendancy to hide when they sleep to feel safe. Did you have your light on? if so maybe he just wanted a dark space.

I got a tomato clown that I caught sleeping in a hole in the sand flat with his head and tail slightly curled Looked dead 8O . Funny this is the condy took his hiding place and that's how he came to be sleeping in the sand. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom