I thought Gourami's were pigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The gourami was my first fish, I got him at pet smart around the first of January . He's under an ecoxotic stunner strip, that light really makes their colors pop, the pic doesn't do it justice. Thanks for the compliments he's my best looking fish so far.

I am a huge fan of lots of color in an aquarium. I like things that catch my eye mostly because work is so stressful that I need something that can get and keep my attention!

I have to go to ace tomorrow and get some proper ammonia to finish cycling my ten gallon since I took the gouramis back to the lfs. I added a bubble bar with led light to increase O2 levels and darken the tank some. I also upped the temp some. The ammonia I have here at the house has bubbles in it...

I have a freshwater fluval edge which is either 6 or 8 gallon, and it cycled pretty quickly and easily took around 5 days without fish, then I added a couple fish and added a couple more and its been going strong since just done a couple partial water changes. I may be working on a snail infestation though because everyday it seems like I have a couple more in the tank, but I also saw one of my ghost shrimp trying to eat a snail out of its shell, so maybe they will keep the snail population in check, lol

You cycled your fluval in days! I'm jealous... I have had my ten gallon for about 3 weeks and the cycle is a disaster so far! I have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the aquarium from this... Not sure what I am going to do...

The active filter should arrive tomorrow and I am going to get ammonia tomorrow from ace after work. Will see if I can get some action going in the right direction here!!! All I want is a healthy aquarium environment so I can have a beautiful distraction from my everyday life and make a little supplemental income on the side to help with bills. Wish I could have cycled my tank in days like you did...

It went so well that it inspired me to try my hand at salt, and that hasn't been as easy, its been nearly 6 weeks and still not completely cycled yet. Just got a protein skimmer off craigslist and trying to figure that out, and see if that doesnt help me along.

Good luck with your salt tank... They are beautiful ecosystems. Just about everything is alive in a SW tank... Amazing! Maybe one day I can do a SW tank, but right now I am being challenged by a puddle in comparison...

Back
Top Bottom