I thought my Tank was almost cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
And I added tetra safe start the other day i thiught it would help but it didnt.

Now I'm dealing with this!
These are from this morning

Camera doesnt show but its like .25 or a little more
image-3007306233.jpg

image-1590197022.jpg

image-1815327202.jpg

After that i did a 23ish % water change and then had to leave came home and just tested again haven't done all the testing only got to ammonia so far !

But

image-3151632516.jpg

Water conditioners play havoc with test results. It's unlikely to have harmed your cycle however so just wait for the chemistry to settle and don't add any again.

*Water changes excluded of course :p

Water conditioners play havoc with test results. It's unlikely to have harmed your cycle however so just wait for the chemistry to settle and don't add any again.

Okay I'm also changing substrate later this week but will do it in thirds going from large gravel to sand

Just to clarify- are you referring to bacteria supplements or dechlorinators?

Just to clarify- are you referring to bacteria supplements or dechlorinators?

Apologies, for some reason I read Tetra Safe Start as a water conditioner.

Opinions will vary but I'm off the option bacteria supplements are a waste of time and money.

I wouldn't trust test results with any type of chemicals or any supplements in the water. You should wait it out, and test everyday and see if it gets better or worse, then figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom