I thought this was to cool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats crazy!, People dump tanks into the great lakes around here. Somone caught a red bellied pirahna in sarnia ontario(southern ontario) I found that kinda spooky. There are alot of koi in the river near me aswell. I live in a town 15min. away from sarnia.

Amazing. I'd love to have a guy like that if I had the room. Show that to people who buy their plecos without researching them first!
I'm surprised he's holding it in his bare hands. Not a great idea.

That's pretty cool (the fish, not the fact that he was dumped in a lake). I saw one even bigger than that at the Nashville zoo. It was probably between 2 and 3 feet long. I don't remember exactly but I do remember it was HUGE.

It finally loaded for me. The poster states that they are common in the two lakes and river. I don't know if it was actually dumped or if they are native since they can not ID the pleco.

thats so crazy how big it is. I went to a different fish store than the one I normally go to, and i suppose they take fish from peoples tanks, because they had some oscars, a needle nose gnar, and a bgk. They were so big! Its hard to imagine a little 3" fish growing to be 2' long....these guys were huge it was crazy. They also had some clown loaches that were the biggest I have ever seen. Its so weird I have never seen any of these fish full grown.

I seen one on aquabid awhile back that was 38.5 inches with out the tail and had a beer can stuck in it's month and wighted 23pds 9o. They asked you show prove of your tank size before they'd ship are take payment. I'll see if i can find the picture of that monster. It was found in a stream in Asia. I just thought that was to cool tho.

What's the deal with all the pictures on Planet Catfish of plecos out of water? Are they OK? Is it really safe to just take them out and take pictures of them?

Is that only Plecos that can handle that?

I mean, I would just assume that most fish would totally freak out if you were trying to hold onto them, especially out of the water.

Most fish will, The pleco if handled just right will almost gocompletely stil and not move. They have a scence of being asleep. It's like the large mouth bss. If you pinch his bottom lip when holding them. It will free in place. All fih will be safe out of water for short periods of time, they don't dyi as soon you take them out of the water.

They are fine out of water for a short while. When I go to the lfs looking at Africans, the employees pull them out of the water and open the net so we can inspect the fish for any problems before the bag them. It is easier to inspect the scales out of water. It is only for about 5 or 10 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom