I want to restock my 75 gallon.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niks97cobra

Aquarium Advice Regular
I stocked my 75 gallon back in 2005.

Just about every fish in it made it 5-6 years, some lingered longer.

I am down to one single fish, my prized black ghost knife. He is about 10", maybe bigger but kinda hard to keep him still long enough for a good measurement. The rest have slowly died over the the last few years. I am ready to restock. I would like to keep it as a somewhat of an Amazon Biotope (though the only plants are java ferns since I keep it pretty low light).

With the black ghost knife having free run of the tank, and much bigger than when I started, what kind of fish would you suggest stocking it with?

I'm thinking a decent size pleco, some sort of tetras, angelfish, pictus cat and some corys.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Nik

A fish that never seems to get mentioned is the Rainbow Fish. You could have an awesome school of Rainbows in a tank that size. I have several tanks and all I have is Rainbow Fish after I did much research and bought other species that just didn't satisfy me. The Boesemani is the most popular. My best looking tank has a variety called the Sepik Rainbow. Check out my profile, I posted some pics about a month ago of a couple of my tanks. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

If your restocking after 5 years I would go salt just to add excitement like when you first started. New challenge.

A large Ghostknife will prey on small fish like cories and tetras so they're out...

I agree with Florio. I have 3 freshwater tanks and if I get another tank I am going to try a marine tank. A lot of work but a huge payoff. I believe you can have a Tang in a 75 gallon tank along with other awesome Salt Water fish.

Back
Top Bottom