i want to upgrade my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Myiafaith1993

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now I have a 10g tank with fresh water fish I love my tank and I'd really like to expand and get a bigger tank with some more fish. Any suggestions? I don't want anything super big.

Right now I have a 10g tank with fresh water fish I love my tank and I'd really like to expand and get a bigger tank with some more fish. Any suggestions? I don't want anything super big.

Its best to get the largest tank to have room for in your house. :) this is for 2 reasons. more fish options to put in. and 2 way easier to maintain a larger aquarium. Anything from 40-60gallons would be an awesome upgrade. I personally when from a 10g to a 55g but it's really up to you. 39 gallon tanks are not too expensive or big but are still large enough that u won't have to watch it as closely as the 10g. Look up that. :)

Lol you've got the bug. Lmao it's hard to just buy one tank. You find yourself saying "just one more" I'm on my six. And have told myself this is my last. But I feel it probably won't be lol.

Anyway maybe get a 29 G. Not to big but big enough. Plus if you are new and only currently have a 10 G I wouldn't go TO big due to lack of experience. But all n all it's up to you. Wish you luck! PM me if you have any questions.

Ahhh, the oh I wanna upgrade . . . LOL. Determine the max size you can comfortably fit where you want it & that you can maintain. Then shop for a sale, Craigslist, local ads or eBay. I got a GREAT deal on a 46g bow front with a stand at Petsmart. It fits perfectly in my dining room & is close enough to my kitchen I can use the Python water changer, big plus! But now that I have it there I see I could go bigger & move that one to a different spot. . . . yep it's an addiction.

Go to Petco when they're having their dollar per gallon sale. If I were you I would grab a 40 gallon breeder. The dimensions are awesome. The extra width gives you more options for stocking and I find it looks nicer than a 55. You could build a DIY light fixture for a few bucks. But if your doing a planted tank you can just purchase one. The breeder tanks are shorter than most which makes them perfect for planted tanks. Good luck! If you need to upgrade your filter go with an Aquaclear or canister.

Back
Top Bottom