Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ich

I'm on day three of my quickcure ich treatment. My neons danios and corys are doing well they seem to be their old selves again and I no longer see any spots. Even thought the instructions say three days of treatment should I do one more treatment tomorrow which would be the fourth day or just do a water Change and vacuum the substrate tomorrow?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Treatment

I will just follow the recommendation and keep the temperature high like 86 degrees for another five days.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

+1 on keeping the temp up, also if you do a PWC, do a large one (like 75%) to remove parasites in the water, the high temperature will kill any that are left behind (assuming you haven't already killed them all with the meds)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #4

Heat alone is the best method for getting rid of ich in mild outbreaks, however not the most effective on severe outbreaks. Raising the temperature to 86 and performing frequent, partial water changes can help the situation greatly but may not always be 100% effective. This method will help to control the Ich but is not the best primary course of action in your situation, But like said above, I would do A PWC everyday with an addtional gravel vaac (Getting extra parasites on gravel) until you stop seeing Ich.

Tyler

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com