Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate21xl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this Ich?

Attachments

• 20191103_193610.jpg
    20191103_193610.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20191103_193425.jpg
    20191103_193425.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 56
That sucks.

Just recently resetup my tank too.

First time dealing with it but figured it was Ich.

Adjustable Heater and Meds on next day delivery ����

Either do meds or heat not both at once. I have made that mistake. Also it is possible to treat ich with just aquarium salt. It requires patience and time but it is doable. Also when using medication take all carbon media out of your filter. Yes that means the cartridges because they usually have carbon in them. In order to maintain some kind of mechanical filtration you can pack your filter with all kinds of different things like dollar store pot scrubbers or even lava rocks.

If the meds don't work just raise the temp to 86 degrees and do 25% daily water changes with a light gravel vac of your entire substrate. Add aquarium salt at 1 Tablespoon per 5 gallons of water if you choose too but isn't always necessary.

I'm debating what I should try first.

It's been two days since I noticed it and that lone rummy is the only one showing any signs still though I have lost 4 others in those 2 days.

I have 1 rummy and ember tetra and 5 assorted long fin danios.

Would they be ok with temps rising to 86-89°?

Also how long after treatment should I introduce new fish?

Hoping everything goes well I'd like to get some Cory's I've had finally into the tank.

Lost the Rummynose.

He was in such a bad spot that if the Ich didn't jump ship, I definitely knocked them loose.

I am sorry for your loss.

If you have any other fish I recommend adding some salt to help them fight the ich. I would do one teaspoon for every five gallons to start. Make sure and read your salt packaging. Aquarium salt will not magically disappear so keep good notes on how much you add and when. Also when you do a water change dose the water added not the entire tank.

I'm debating what I should try first.

It's been two days since I noticed it and that lone rummy is the only one showing any signs still though I have lost 4 others in those 2 days.

I have 1 rummy and ember tetra and 5 assorted long fin danios.

Would they be ok with temps rising to 86-89°?

Also how long after treatment should I introduce new fish?

Hoping everything goes well I'd like to get some Cory's I've had finally into the tank.
86 degrees is fine for mostly any fish short term. Generally, I continue to treat the tank for about 10 days after all signs of ick are gone. Seems to be a pretty good practice.

Sorry about the fish.

Thanks guys.

I got the heater and meds yesterday and it's been about 24 hours since starting treatment.

Dosed with API Super Ich as directed and temps been at a steady 84 and everyone seems to be doing fine.

Debating going up to 86-88 before my next dose of meds tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

I got the heater and meds yesterday and it's been about 24 hours since starting treatment.

Dosed with API Super Ich as directed and temps been at a steady 84 and everyone seems to be doing fine.

Debating going up to 86-88 before my next dose of meds tomorrow.
What's to debate? 86 degrees is not going to hurt a tropical fish.

What's to debate? 86 degrees is not going to hurt a tropical fish.

Haha yeah I've had it at 86 for about 2 days now.

I've been using the API Super Ich as directed but I noticed 2 danios with a couple spots on them a few hours after my 2nd dose.

Thinking I might go up to 88 and do a w/c tomorrow and another dose of meds.

I know Kordon Rid ich works because I've used it for a bad case of ich in the past. But if you catch it early you really don't need meds. I usually raise the temp to 86 degrees, add aquarium salt, and change out 25% of the water daily with a light gravel vac of the entire substrate.

Think I might be losing a danio.

He's been just floating around at the top for awhile but now he's resting on the gravel and his back fin is very droopy.

I know he's still alive because I can see him moving slightly and not sure what to do for him.

Going to try a w/c and see if that perks him up

Attachments

• 20191109_101859.jpg
    20191109_101859.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom