Ich again?? help please..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazin.sunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well i have an issue. I thought that i had gotten rid of ich. But nope, it ended up coming back.
My first mistake was starting my tank out with gold fish. I didn’t plan on keeping them anyway, but they are the ones that ended having ich. So I returned them and cooked the ich out, raised the water to 90 odd degrees in hopes of cooking it out, did water changes, treated the water for ich and didn’t get fish for a good week.
Then i was looking at my fish today and it looks like it has returned. I looked at them on Saturday and that’s when i really noticed it.
QUESTION IS: What should i do? As of now i am treating the tank for ich. And that is it. Should i raise the temp? Put aquarium salt in?? I have no idea what to do. I hope someone can help me out...in the mean time i am going to do some research on ich, hoping that it is ich and not some parasite.

I had the same exact problem. Started with goldfish and they got ich. i bought some ich tabs that pretty much destroyed my tank and started killing fish. My water would get all cloudy then everyday i'd lose a fish. So i took out all the water, scrubbed the tank with water and vinegar, then put water back in used dechlorinator and aquarium salt and the ich problem went away. Hope this helps.

not exactly what i wanted to hear..but yes it does help. that is what i should have done the first time.
did you ever try treating your fish for ich? or did you just decide to get rid of all the water and clean everything out?!

I bought these tablets that you are supposed to put in the water and they disolve and are supposed to get rid of the ich. the only problem is you're supposed to take the carbon out of your filter. after a while i put the carbon back and my tank got suuuuuuuper cloudy and my fish started dying. to this day no idea why. If i were you i would try some aquarium salt and turn the heat up a bit. once the ich is gone change out the water.

Don't know the brand, but its the blue liquid, u can get at Walmart. But be sure to change half of your water out and follow directions.

Back
Top Bottom