Ich devistated tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somykidswantedanaquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
I all so ich wiped my tank out :( we have an albino Cory cat left :( I need to know how long after we treated our tank do I wait to introduce new fish? It's only been treated with heat (slowly bringing it to 86 degrees) for well now 9 days if my Cory lives through the treatment how long do I wait? I am having a hard time seeing if he has ich too

For some reason that doesn't look like a Cory. Looks like an albino pleco to me. I don't know anything about ich so I'm no help, sorry about your losses

If I were you I would wait until you know for definite the ich has gone, I would probably treat the tank with either salt or a meds from LFS, and when I was sure it was gone add more fish

Zimmanski that looks like an albino plec to me too

What? Really it does grr my lfs told me it was a Cory ugg I knew it looked different he said it was because it was so small grr I'm not happy how big do they get?

Iv always treated ich with heat for about 2 weeks then added new fish, just one at a time with close monitoring, the heat will kill the ich. And yea looks like an albino pleco should max around 6 inches

I'm so made my tank can't handle a pleco which is why I wanted a Cory cat now what do I do poor thing ugg I think I suck at this fish thing :(

I would complain to the place you got him from and ask them to maybe exchange him for the one you wanted.. I have two plecs but brown but yours looks pretty much the same as mine...

image-1368368889.jpg

Don't get downhearted, I've done something very similar to this before, just think.. You won't make the same mistake again! :)

Oh it's beautiful :) I'm going to go back tomorrow I noticed the 3 spots on my tiger barbs the second day I got them from my lfs I know he would be miserable in my tank and I can't give him away knowing he has ich :(

As soon as he's treated exchange him? He will be fine in your tank until he is better? Thanks, I have two of them, I did have 3 but one disappeared completely I think he was eaten but I never found any evidence :/

I have pics of my tank on my profile, not many yet as I only joined this forum a few days ago lol

Erm it's 260L which worked out at around 70 gallons I think.. I have worked it out but forgotten again lol

I'm so made my tank can't handle a pleco which is why I wanted a Cory cat now what do I do poor thing ugg I think I suck at this fish thing :(

How big is your tank? Cories are also shoaling fish, you shouldn't keep just one. They should be kept in groups of 5 or more. Make sure you research to be sure that the cories will be suitable for your tank size.

I've been sold wrong fish before. It's never good. I'm sure to always research everything through very well before making a purchase. If what they say it is in the store doesn't look like what I expect it to that I won't buy it. I ended up with to CAEs(chinese algae eaters) that were suppose to be SAE(siamese algae eaters). CAEs get larger and are pretty aggressive in a lot of set ups. They were no way going to work in my tank. I went back to return them, plannign to just get something completely different, and the worker tried to sell me another completely different fish as a SAE. Research is your key, you can not rely on the pet store to know everything about each fish.

Back
Top Bottom