Ich medications and general cures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tahl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had been treating my 55 gallon tank for a couple of weeks for Ich and on the 15th used a 2 day treatment of API General Cure powder and have been feeding the fish Jungle Anti-Bacteria Food. Our heater has been having a hard time staying above 81 at night (rated for a 75-80 gallon tank) and just recently I noticed that our African Leaf Fish once again has spots on a couple of his fins.

During the parasite treatment of my fish, I had to do a water change cutting the effectiveness of the treatment down. The fish seem somewhat better, but I'm not sure if they're completely rid of the parasites or not and was wondering if it would be safe to combine Melafix, Pimafix, and an ich medication at the same time I am trying to keep the temperature raised? If it is okay, what brand of ich treatment does everyone recommend for 2 Gourami's and an African Leaf Fish?

Wish I could help as I have two gourami's but have not had ich yet and replied to this thread see what info you get. Hope they get better soon.

from what i quickly read on it i dont think that treats ich. if its ich i would stop feeding the med food do a few wcs to get the meds out of the system and try heat and salt. as for the tank not being able to keep up with the temp the heater prob not being enough to keep it stable.

Sounds like a good solution I know that Gourami's have a really good response to salt treatment. I did it no even two weeks ago and the morning after adding the salt it was as if the gourami had two new battery's put in.

Back
Top Bottom