ID: These Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yeti

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive yet to find out what kind of tetras these are:
img_800040_0_58844d7b96411652310559029085f677.jpg

I think those are red phantoms. I'm not 100% on that. Try looking through a FW database.

Serpas but some call them red phantoms at petsmart

I never had them. I just remember seeing them at multiple pet stores. The name black phantom came to me. I probably did see it at petsmart or petco.

fairly, they were given to me along with a koi angel a platinum lyretail molly and a common pleco.. there are 5 of these little buggers.. 10 mins into my tank they started pulling at my plants hah but now they just chill they are fun to watch and they like to dwell on the bottom and dart around the tank. I may even get a few more but of a diff species..

I say serpae too. They go from pale to bright orange/red and are a great fish. I love watching them change colors.

They are nippy! They nipped my white skirt tetras when I first got them, I had like 4 of them (serpae) I think. I moved them up to 8 serpae / 8 white skirts and added more taller fake plants and things have been fine since. I added in some bleeding heart tetras and they all school together and of course everyone gets nippy but the serpae have calmed down.

They like to stay pretty tight together and they are like my demon children in the tank. They get their posse together and will go kick the pleco off his algae waffer cause they love it too LOL

I would suggest if you want some like those to look at bleeding heart tetras as little guys they look just like a serpae but pink in color. They grow bigger though and are a great addition. I have yet to find a tetra like the serpae and their attitudes LOL

yeah mine aren't really nippy they chase each other around a little but nothing major.. my angel kicks them around if they get too close but my angel is old and huge so he doesn't take any ish.. they usually school up when its feeding time then they split up and go tear stuff up like my plants and pull at my nicely vined java moss.. my pleco is huge too so he punts them off his wafer, and I try to place his wafer by his hideout so he works like a tarantula in ways haha

Back
Top Bottom