id this please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trolltek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Came home tonight and I have these things on the glass. Only on the front about 4 of them different areas. Isit some kind of algae?

ForumRunner_20130808_204514.jpg

Oh joy I did put in 4 ram snails in about 5 days ago. Never had them before. If thos gets out of hand ill get a killer snail.

Thanks btw!

No problem! Some people go to great lengths to keep the population down, with assassin snails or traps baited with veggies, but I find that as long as you don't over feed they won't get out of hand.

Btw How long do these take to hatch ? Anything I need to be aware of ?

I have no clue ha! I've never really given snail eggs that much attention. I figure for every cluster I see on the glass there has to be at least 5 more on driftwood, plants, filter intake, ect. So I'll just clean the glass like I normally do when I do water changes, and don't worry about going around em. Can't think of anything you really need to know, they will just do there thing. If you figure out how long it takes to hatch let me know.

Saw the first baby snails today coming out of the gravel.

Actually really hard to spot as the are the size of a small piece of gravel. Only noticed them because of the color difference :) cheers

Back
Top Bottom