ID wanted!! Goldfish..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snails R us

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is one of my friends fish.. They bought it a while back and are clueless of what kind of fish it is. So I know there is some experts of goldfish on here and was wondering if it was a type of goldfish (as he thinks it was listed as a goldfish at the store but isn't sure), thanks!! Here he is -

36424-albums1572-picture10729.jpg

36424-albums1572-picture10728.jpg

Looks like a comet goldfish to me. Those are the ones that are sold in petshops as "feeder fish", but if kept properly can grow to a healthy 1'. :>
It's a really nice specimen, it looks like a sarasa comet goldfish to me. Those are usually sold as a separate species at petstores for a higher price, but it's just a koi-like color morph of a common comet. If it was kept outside in a pond the orange on it's back would probably color up to a bright red.

I think comet, possibly sarasa. Any chance of a clearer pic? What did they pay for it? Goldfish are prone to all sorts of miss shapes. Especially from feeder and mixed tanks.

I'm agreeing on the barb line. The shape (even for a mutated goldie) is way off. I'd say albino Tinfoil. Is it housed with anything else?

Back
Top Bottom