Idea for feeding dwarf frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickieFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, after my last post about Mr. Froggy (My african dwarf frog) I got concerned about him not eating. Soo.. I thawed some Mysis shrimp and put them in the fridge. When he came up to the top of the tank to float, I got the shrimp out and put a few on the end of a teaspoon. Opened the lid, and held them up againt his lil froggy nose.. and he ate em!!!! He ate and ate and ate til his lil belly was puffed out!! I think he ended up eating about 10, which is probably too much, so from now on should I only give him like, 5? Since then, he is not hiding as much.. swimmin all over like a happy lil frog! Yea!

Very nice, ADF are hard to feed when other fish like to hog all the food, i feed mine frozen blood worms and decieded to keep them in a tank by themselves since my others in my my bigger tank with more fish had starved. also, careful, ADF can over eat...

I have to say, since feeding him worms every day, he is a lot more active.

I shoot some one way with the baster and the dumb barbs go for it, then I give a bunch to the frog over to the side. The frog will actually bite the loach if he comes too close to his food. That's my boy!

Back
Top Bottom