Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two angels. They just started laying eggs a couple weeks ago and now it's happening often. They have become rather aggressive toward other fish. When there are eggs they keep all the fish cornered on the opposite side of the tank. I wanted to put in a divider to keep the stress level down. BUT i have a tall 60 gallon tank. and I cant find any divider at a pet store thats tall enough. Any suggestions what I could do for an alternative divider thats aquarium safe? Or should I get rid of the two angels and find them a good home? I have an extra 36 gallon tank that im trying to sell, that I COULD possibly put the angels in.. but I already have a 10gallon running with a newt in it, and my 60gal, PLUS two small betta tanks... I dont know how comfortable that would make my husband having so many tanks going. also all the maintenance that would have to be done to all the tanks would be a lot and expensive.. Suggestions? /:

well if it was me and i didnt want any more tanks i would rehome them. breeding angels need there own tank in my opinion. i raise and sell them so all my pairs have there own tanks i have 22 all together. if u want to you can put them in there own tank and breed them and sell the to your local fish store and i can guide u through this process. send me a pm if i can help more

If you want to keep the parents, I'd try online sites to find a divider that's big enough for the tank. If they don't have them, a custom-sized piece of plexi-glass with holes drilled in would work just as well (and might even be cheaper). Most pet stores would take the parents in, but might not be interested in giving you anything for them (as opposed to the babies, should you decide to rear them to selling age).

Thanks for the help guys! Im still deciding what to do. Im going to go to the hardware store today and see about some plexi glass or if i can find something else as a divider! my angels may both be females. the eggs arent fertilized.

Back
Top Bottom