Ideas for a 10g aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkoyko

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can admit I've been bitten by the aquarium bug and right now there is a professor at my college who is getting rid of all of his old tanks and he's given me first dibs (my boyfriend is going to kill me when he realizes that I'm bringing home 2 or 3 more tanks) and I've chosen a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon right now. The 5g is going for my ADF pair and I was thinking about holding the 10g for my female betta when she outgrows her current tank (2.5g bow front). But I want to try something different than the bettas I have had and maybe try some other fish.

If I move the female betta over to the larger tank, what kind of fish can I put in with her or is she going to be like a male betta and attack everything? My male attacks anything with him.

Also what would be the best filter to go in a 10g? The professor has given me dibs on his old filters as well but they are very old under gravel filters and I want sand in the tank or some other substrate that will do well with plants.

I apologize for this being long but if you have seen any of my old posts I ramble. I will probably be asking more questions about this as I start to setup because my largest tank now is 6g and 10g is quite an upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom