Ideas for standout fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
Right now I have an 36 gallon that is stocked with the following fish
8 Harlequin Rasboras
8 Ember tetras
1 Golden BN Pleco
2 Mystery Snails
3 Bronze cories
Somewhere between 5-7 Japanese trapdoor snails (they bred a bit)

I am looking for an interesting fish that could stand out among all of the other fish, preferably something that is active and fun to watch. What would be a good suggestion?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Alright got it, I finally have the time to get my water tested and I think something has caught my eye for a fish I could add. A Mexican dwarf crayfish, and I read that they are peaceful as long as they have hiding spaces (which I have plenty of). Although would it be a danger to my mystery and trapdoor snails?

All freshwater crayfish are nocturnal scavengers that will catch and eat small fish, shrimp and snails at night. They should not be kept in aquariums with fish.

Oh, well that is unfortunate. It seems like anytime I find a potential centerpiece fish that I could put in, there is always an issue that prevents me from doing so. I have researched things like crayfish, bamboo shrimp, kribensis, and all of them have some issue that makes them incompatible with my setup. Finding a centerpiece fish is a lot harder than I thought

I have German Blue Ram pair, Apistogramma Caucituoides (spelled wrong probably) with 8 Rummynosed Tetras, 3 Black Neon Tetra, 3 Black Diamond Head Neon Tetra, 2 Amano Shrimp (large enough not to get eaten) with a BN Pleco and 2 L397 Pleco’s. The Rams and Apisto’s are beautiful. Add almond and oak leaves along with driftwood and you should be fine. Good luck with your stocking of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom