Ideas from 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I moved this thread into General Discussion from getting started.

I was thinking of doing a 30-gallon freshwater community setup. The fish I would definitely be getting are some different tetras, glass catfish, and maybe a few loaches. Can you guys recommend some peaceful, colorful community fish that would go well with these? Any type of warm, freshwater fish would be great, including mild cichlids and catfish.

You could get a pair of dwarf cichlids, such as rams. I have bolivian rams and though they pick on each other a bit, they pretty much leave all of the other fish alone, aside from messing with the bn pleco. Giant danios might also be good, though I haven't personally kept them, just think they look cool.

Those are really pretty! I might do that. Also, longfin zebra danios are really pretty, so I might do some of those...

Yeah, the zebra danios are some of the others that I'd thought about getting. If you're seriously thinking about getting the dwarf cichlid and community fish with long, flowing fins, you might want to check with people on the Cichlid sub-forum about how well they would do together. I remember reading that some fish were prone to nipping at longer fins and even though the rams aren't aggressive, they might fall into this category. Good luck!

Hmm glass catfish can get up to 6" in length and like to be in schools of at least 6 so I would not reco them for a 30g. A group of 4-6 cory cats might be a better choice.

Thanks everyone! I'll take your advice into consideration. Siva, if you check my other thread, I mentioned why I need to have those cats. =]

Back
Top Bottom