Ideas please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbykat9698

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, Petsmart had a sale on a 56 gal with stand, and I couldn't pass up. Haven't picked up the tank yet. But I also hadn't planned on getting a big tank anytime soon (yes 56 is big for me, I have a 20 gal freshwater and a 3 gal nano reef) so I haven't planned on any fish for it!

I don't even know if I should do saltwater or freshwater. I just want some really cool fish. No tetras, danios, goldfish, etc (had all them before). Like a species tank with something really interesting, like a couple bigger fish and maybe a few smaller ones too. It is a tall tank not a long. Don't want any angelfish, piranhas, guppies, mollies, umm can't think of what else I don't want lol. But any suggestions will be awesome and taken to heart for sure!! I have plenty of time to plan. Thanks!!!

How about an oscar? They're supposed to be really cool fish, and intelligent. I've never had SW, but there are a lot of cool looking SW fish :D You could also try some other cichlids. There's lots of interesting fish out there.

--Adeeb

wouldnt fit in a that tank though.

there are a ton of cool fish out there you jsut have to figure out if you want sw or fw.

Apistos, Rams, Keyholes, or (showiest) Angels if you are at all interested in cichlids... IMO you could have these cichlids and build SA/CA communities around them :)

Or if you have hard water (and think they're interesting) you could try Kribensis and an alternative community set-up...

Best of luck and I hope you like these ideas :) If you haven't researched cichlids yet, I suggest you check out the names I mentioned!

I've decided on African Cichlids. I am waiting on the sand to settle and then starting the tank cycle. Any suggestions? I want some very colorful ones, but which ones and how many?

What is the footprint of this tank? If it's a 56 column tank, I'm afraid it isn't suitable for African cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom