Ideas to darken substrate short of changing out gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's an idea of what I'm working with...again, work in progress, lol.

I think I'll buy a bag of the smaller natural rocks that people use as their entire substrate to mix in with the white gravel, and also buy more rocks in assorted sizes like the large ones I just put in to add contrast.

Hopefully my Bolivian will be happy with the makeover, lol.

Attachments

• River rocks 004.jpg
    River rocks 004.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 656
  • River rocks 003.jpg
    River rocks 003.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 222
GrimmGoby said:
Wow that's beautiful!

You don't have to be nice...it kinda looks bad at this point, lol. Once I get the small natural colored gravel mixed in with the white, I think it'll look pretty good. I'll post some updated pics when I get it mixed in. Thanks for the compliment though. :)

eco23 said:
You don't have to be nice...it kinda looks bad at this point, lol. Once I get the small natural colored gravel mixed in with the white, I think it'll look pretty good. I'll post some updated pics when I get it mixed in. Thanks for the compliment though. :)

It doesn't look bad! And it's got a lot of promise when those plants start to take over!

eco23 said:

It looks amazing, I'm seriously jealous, and inspired at the same time! Keep up the amazing work.

Back
Top Bottom