Identification Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok,so a friend of mine is going away for the summer and doesn't know what to do with his fish tank.He asked me if I would be able to take some of the smaller fish and add them to my tank,and I agreed.So today he gave me 4 of these tetras.2 are neons and 2 could either be black neons or pencilfish.
P.S.when I was letting the cup change temperature, one of the black ones actually JUMPED out of the cup and into the tank!!

Attachments

• image-3759029643.jpg
    image-3759029643.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 104
My guppies have been hiding since they were added......is that bad?

Attachments

• image-2353061246.jpg
    image-2353061246.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 102
Well now they are swimming around fine......I think it was because they never saw a different fish except their own kind:)

They were in a new tank and didn't feel comfortable. Neons aren't fin nippers and the first fish is indeed a black neon tetra.

in the original picture, the fish clearly has a stout body and lacks the black line on the caudal fish. Both are characteristics of the black neon tetra

The fish I have is a black neon based on the pics :

Attachments

• image-3599176128.jpg
    image-3599176128.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks to everyone for helping with this problem.Neon tetras and black neon tetras are definitely not fin nippers to guppies,as I have watched them get along fine and sometimes even see all 6 fish in one big school:) .

As I said that is what I thought..... I guess I was wrong lol.

Well I added some Siamese flying foxes to my tank(2) and they are attacking the algae!!they also get along great with my other fish.

True Siamese algae eaters would have been better, Flying Foxes have been known to bully and eat smaller species of fish like Tetra, they also grow to around 14cm and don't eat as much algae as True SAE's.

Well did some research and found out that the algae eaters I have are actually TRUE SAE

Back
Top Bottom